[drivingpairs] Christmas Carriage Drive Photos

  • From: "M. Denmark" <mdenmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:45:01 -0600

Happy Holidays to the List,

Recently the Houston Area Carriage Association held its annual Christmas
carriage drive and luncheon in my neighborhood of Indigo Lake Estates in
Magnolia, Texas.  Helen and I thought you might enjoy seeing pictures of the
drive and carriages as there are some multiple turnouts in the group.  Tom
O'Carroll, driving trainer from the Good Hands Driving Center in Navasota,
Texas, brought his 4-in-hand of Cleveland Bay crosses, Stewart Morris and
his pair (I think Swedish WBs??) were elegantly turned out from top hats to
fur lap robe to deliver Santa to the park for the children's "Cookies with
Santa" program, and I was thrilled to get to drive my pair of Fjords in
their first pair debut with other horses (and we survived it, too!).   The
photos were taken by a neighbor, John Edmundson, who has been a carriage
driving fan since attending the kutschen races while living in Germany.  His
wife, Ariane Edmundson, is an artist (http://thepaintersisters.com
<http://thepaintersisters.com/> ) who will paint a portrait of your turnout
if you provide some good photos.

Here's the photo link:  http://66.140.153.225/TPS/Photo/Carriage/   Hope you
enjoy them.

Have a peaceful driving holiday,

Milli Ann

Who loves driving pairs more each time, Magnolia, TX (NW of Houston)