[dps-chat] Re: Good news for Trove

  • From: Archie <archive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dps-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 17:13:45 +0800

Hi Rob,

The report suggests that it is more for infrastructure rather than digitisation. Having said that it could well free up funds for further digitising.

I agree that it would be nice to go to 1964 for the major dailies although we are already better off than the Kiwis whose 'Papers Past' only go to 1948.

There are still a number of papers which haven't yet been touched and it would also be good to have Tasmania included in Trove. I know there are some Tassie papers but the Tassie Library system decided not to get involved with Trove. I think it is only Tassie papers held in Canberra and Melbourne which have been 'Troved'.

regards, John

---