[dps-chat] An 'Egg on Face' moment spotted in TROVE ... a lone source is only ever a 'guide'

  • From: "Rob Nelson, Perth WA" <perthdps@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ALL <dps-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 10:48:44 +0800

G'day ALL ...

A real bit of cemetery humour here especially for the reporter from the Bendigo Advertiser who saw a real 'live' ghost standing beside the grave ...

Cheers, ROB!

rnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

---->

Bendigo Advertiser, Monday 14 June 1886, page 2

FUNERAL OF MISS M. COYLE.—

The remains of this lamented young lady were interred yesterday in the Eaglehawk Cemetery. The funeral cortege, which moved from her late residence in McCrae-street, was of great length, and great sympathy was evinced for the relatives of the deceased. She was buried in tho Catholic portion of the cemetery, the ceremony being performed by the Rev Father Lawler.

An error was made in our notice on Saturday of the death of Miss Coyle, it having been stated that she was the daughter of the late Mr Peter Coyle, whereas we are glad to be able to state that that gentleman is alive and well and practising his profession at Numurkah. He was present at the funeral yesterday.

<----