[dokuwiki] Re: use dokuwiki as an intranet website

  • From: liushk <liushk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 21:26:09 +0800

thanks.

i think, Debian + Apache2 + php4 would be the best choice.

if you only running dokuwiki, you can disable all the apache modules
except rewrite and mod_php, then you will got the best performance.
so, i think, 512M RAM is enough for 100 active users

if you done a performance test, let us know, thanks

2006/10/26, Bob McConnell <rvm@xxxxxxxxx>:
For our server, we are running Fedora Core 5 and Apache 1.3.34 on a Dell PowerEdge with a pair of 1 GHZ Pentium 3 processors, 512MB RAM and two 18 GB SCSI drives. Power comes through an APC SmartUPS 1400. The drives are brand new, while the server itself is recycled. This computer is only running the wiki and I expect we will have to add more memory once we open up access to the full company. It has a Gigabit network connection, so we don't expect any local bandwidth problems. Bandwidth to remote sites is already an issue even without the wiki. But we expect growth pains like that occasionally.