[dokuwiki] tags/categories ideas

  • From: Anthony.Caetano@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:22:56 +0200

Hi

I would like to implement wiki styled categories, i.e. have categories as
wiki links to pages such as [[category:family]], [[category:linux]].
Aswell as have the 'rel="tag"' functionality provided by Esther's category
plugin.

My idea was to build into dokuwiki a option for the category namespace:
eg. $conf["category_namespace"] = "tag:" or "category:"

Then any wiki links to this namespace (eg [[tag:linux]] in a page) will
automagically have the 'rel="tag"' as per Esther's plugin, additionally
when clicking on this page [[tag:linux]] it would do an automatic backlink
search on the website (potentially with a custom header/footer).

I don't think this is possible in the current plugin mechanism, am I
right?  Would this feature be welcomed?

Regards
-ant

and Sanlam accepts no liability for such views, except where the sender
specifically states them to be those of Sanlam.
Sanlam Life Insurance Limited is a Licensed Financial Services Provider.
Enige sienswyses of stellings wat in hierdie boodskap uitgedruk word is
dié van die individuele afsender, en Sanlam aanvaar geen aanspreeklikheid
daarvoor nie, behalwe waar die afsender uitdruklik vermeld dat dit dié van
Sanlam is.
Sanlam Lewensversekering Beperk is 'n Gelisensieerde Verskaffer van
Finansiële Dienste.