[dokuwiki] tags index regeneration seems unefficient

  • From: hugo borrell <hugoborrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 10:05:06 +0100

Hello,

I did several things at the same period, which is not something that should
be done :

- I upgraded to 30th January release + 14th February
- I added http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:tagentry
- I switched from usewrite=0 (none) to 2 (.htaccess for nice url)
- I switched from deaccent=0 (non) to 1 (suppress accents)

I think my trouble comes from deaccent (not sure though) :

My users are using tags for an extensive number of pages. Some  tag searches
(maybe all) happen to show only a limited number of pages (3 or 4 when it
should be 40 or 50). It seems that the list of pages shown for one tag
increase when a user surfs on a page containing this tag.

*I did try to regenerate tag entry with tagindex manager* : to no avail, it
seems unefficient. It takes about an hour, and the result remains the same.

*What can I do to really regenerate my tag entry ? *(I mean something else
then manually surfing all the pages, there are too many).

Hugo