[dokuwiki] some improvements of plugin captcha

  • From: "K. Peter" <kp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 13:10:02 +0100

Hi,

a while ago I made some extensions to the captcha plugin. Maybe it will be considered useful. The changes are:

- Make the honeypot invisible or not. It doesn't disable the honeypot. Configurable.
- Show the text "Please fill ..." between the image and the input field. Configurable.
- Limit the length of the input field of the captcha code. The limit is the same as 'lettercount' - works but is not perfect. The limit should be somehow greater than 'lettercount', but not unlimited. Not Configurable (yet).

I did made a pull request, but a patch is available too:

patchfile: http://ftp.dyndn.es/dokuwiki/captcha-patch-latest.tgz (version 20170206)
md5sum: http://ftp.dyndn.es/dokuwiki/captcha-patch-latest.md5

Feel free to use it or parts of it. A README is included in the patch, as well a css file for extended formatting..

Another idea I have realized in a test environment is to make the 'lettercount' flexible inside a definable range. Means, if the 'lettercount' config value is 6, than it will randomly increased to 7 or 8 (depending on the range value) - or maybe not. For those who don't know: 'lettercount' is the number of letters used by the captcha image. Would this makes sense?

regards
Kai