[dokuwiki] running the template more than once

  • From: "Martin Tschofen" <martin.tschofen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "doku wiki" <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:08:38 -0500

I'm trying a different approach to PDFs.

I want to collect all pages of a namespace and stringing them all
together in one page. I want it to look like what I see on the screen,
sidebar and all. Then I can use the pdf printing capabilities of my
computer to output the pages to pdf.

I'm considering a couple of options:
Create an action plugin that as it runs through the wiki page creates
an index of the current name space. It registers itself with the
DOKUWIKI_END event. After it processes the namespace index space, it
then runs through the template again for each page it collected and
outputs it to the screen.
Can I do that? Can I call the template again and again? I know that in
essence I would create an invalid XHTML page as it contains multiple
HTML structures, but that doesn't seem to affect pdf creation.
I prefer this idea, because it would work without intervention in the template.

The other option I thought of, was creating a "collect" template that
mirrors the online template that's maintained separately from the
existing one. Thus I could make it a function of the plugin and do
whatever necessary.

I want to do it from the wiki rather than an outside tool or script.

Any other ideas?