[dokuwiki] Re: plugin:mime ???

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:26:30 +0100

Bill Jones wrote:

Since there is no real "logic" an almost easily writable plugin --
which I attacked -- but I totally destroyed my admin installation
(thankfully I had a backup :)

I am not entirely sure what you are asking.

The mime.conf file isn't php and isn't read as php, currently the config plugin doesn't read/edit the mime.conf file. If you are using linux, your best bet maybe to create a wiki folder "admin" (restrict access to that folder), then create a soft link to your dokuwiki config files. That will enable you to edit your config files from your wiki.

Someone discussed the direct editing idea on the mailing list some months back. I am not sure if they added details to splitbrain.

Note, you shouldn't really edit mime.conf (and the other standard files) but create and edit mime.local.conf. So you will need something like.

touch /path/to/dokuwiki/conf/mime.local.conf
ln -s /path/to/dokuwiki/conf/mime.local.conf /path/to/dokuwiki/data/pages/admin/mime.txt

Cheers,

Chris