[dokuwiki] Re: phpBB3 auth with DokuWiki 2010-11-07 "Anteater"

  • From: Carsten Fuchs <CarstenFuchs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 02:12:29 +0100

Hi Grant,

Am 2011-02-01 10:52, schrieb Grant Gardner:
This sounds cool. You might like to look at extending (or copying)
the "simple" backend from my ggauth set which is intended for exactly
this kind of thing.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know ggauth before I started, and if I had to do it all over again, I would certainly use it right from the start.

Right now (being normally a C++/Python guy who, despite having written only a couple of simple lines of PHP, had his fair struggle with it), I'm a bit reluctant to another major rewrite, because the code is very short as it is and I just want to let the dust settle a bit rather than introducing new bugs all over again... ;-)

For now it's here: http://www.dokuwiki.org/auth:phpbb3
but I'm aware that there is room for improvement, especially that it requires tweaking of its source code before its useful to anyone else.

Best,
Carsten

--
   Cafu - the open-source Game and Graphics Engine
for multiplayer, cross-platform, real-time 3D Action