[dokuwiki] Re: minor problems with config and plugin_manager plugins and a big thank you!

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:33:42 +0000

Hi Mark,

see inline comments

Mark McCoy wrote:
The configuration plugin page gets cached, so as soon as I make a
configuration change, it takes me right back to the settings before
the change. If I have the local.php file open in vi, I can change a
variable in the interface, do an ':e' in vi to reload the file and see
the change in the file, but it stays cached for a while in dokuwiki. I can go back to the configuration page later and the original options
are selected.
The settings shouldn't be cached, unless that is something in your OS setup. The config plugin explicitly loads all its config files each time it is called and when you save any changes to the settings, it does a redirect to itself after processing the updates. This should not only ensure you see the updated settings, but also ensure that Dokuwiki has them in effect, e.g. if you alter the template setting and press save, you should see your updated settings within the new template.
Also, I get the "perhaps you need to log in" message when I click on
the Plugin Manager link on the admin page.
It sounds like there is some other problem affecting your access to admin plugins. Do you have cookies enabled on your browser?
I presume from your signature you are running on a linux system. What webserver and php versions, do you have anything else running that may interfere, like APC?

Cheers,

Chris