[dokuwiki] Re: media file links converted to lowercase

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:16:34 +0200

chris writes:

Andreas Gohr wrote:
Also when we allow mixed cased filenames we may get problems when copying files from a case sensitive filesystem to a insensitive one (this was what the previous poster wanted to say I believe).

This is hardly a DokuWiki specific problem, so why does DokuWiki take it upon itself to try to "solve" it?

It's a problem when you want to backup your wiki to a different filesystem (eg a USB stick) or want to sync between different systems. We simply want to make sure all Dokuwiki managed data is usable in every DokuWiki instance. Andi