[dokuwiki] Re: mail_send() inefficiencies

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:30:35 -0500 (CDT)

I wrote:
>there's potential to significantly reduce server scalability.

I should have pointed out that each parsing and validation generates numerous
arrays and string objects, including one call to preg_match() and one call to
eregi() each.

Also, we should eliminate string concatenation from header construction and use
a nested output buffer instead.  At one occurrence per mail_send(), this isn't
too much of an issue, but with multiple cats per address, this could be a big
issue.  In any case, it's an easy way to squeeze out more scalability.

~joe