[dokuwiki] ldap auth but with groups from users.auth.php?

  • From: Steven Danz <steven-danz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:23:35 -0500

Hello

We have started using ldap to do authentication, however the corporate LDAP server doesn't support groups so everyone ends up in the default group. Since we can't convince the corporate LDAP group to include the groups property, I was wondering if it made sense to add a configuration option to the ldap auth to allow it to 'ignore', 'replace' or 'append' the groups results of an ldap search with the group values for the user from the users.auth.php file (if any)? That way the wiki could use the LDAP service for user/password maintenance (the fewer passwords the better!) but allow flexibility in creating groups, especially for assigning ACL permissions.

Thoughts?  Thanks for your time.

Steven