[dokuwiki] Re: event proposal : parser_text_parse

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:53:42 +0100

Ben Coburn wrote:

On Jul 22, 2006, at 2:47 AM, Chris Smith wrote:

Andreas Gohr wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:51:36 -0700
Ben Coburn <btcoburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can't think of any good usage examples at the moment, but it does make sense to have a hook for filtering text to be rendered for display. While this would be implemented as an action event, I think
it makes more sense to treat it as a hook for filters. This way there
is no default action to prevent. If we are going to add a pre-parse
filter it would be logical to also add a post-render filter that
takes the rendered output (pre-caching) and the name of the
generating renderer.

How about the these event names:
PARSER_WIKITEXT_PREPROCESS
and
RENDERER_CONTENT_POSTPROCESS

Ok, lets do this.

I've sent a patch adding these two events. It implements them as signals with no actions, i.e. there is no result to return, just the ability to modify the event data. I'll update the wiki shortly.

Cheers,

Chris