[dokuwiki] Re: cache

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 08:21:03 -0500

Would it be possible to store the files under their original names and create symbolic links to them which satisfy the lower-case requirement of dokuwiki? As far as I can tell, dokuwiki will accept the symbolic links, you just have to make sure that you have the apache Options directive set to FollowSymlinks.

Myron

Bob McConnell wrote:
The requirement to rename files with all lower case is also causing us
problems. We wish to migrate a number of document sets onto the wiki server,
but several sets have cross references within them that will be broken if we
have to rename the files.

I have seen discussions elsewhere that claim the W3C specs cover this issue.
What do they say, and how can Dokuwiki be changed to be more compliant with
those standards?

If this cannot be fixed, the alternative currently being forced upon us is
SharePoint. Please do not abandon us to that fate.

Bob McConnell