[dokuwiki] Version control with branching

  • From: Ton Voon <tonvoon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 16:52:23 +0000

Hi!

My company, http://altinity.com, is a keen user of dokuwiki - thanks for the great software.

One thing we use it for is to hold our product's documentation online under different namespaces based on version (eg, opsview2.8, opsview2.9, opsview2.10). However, as the product evolves, we have to keep maintaining the data between the different versions, even though it is a "simple diff".

Is it possible to have a branching of the data? I'd like changes to be "merged upwards", with conflicts highlighted for manual updating. This would remove a lot of the manual updating we are currently doing.

We raised a bounty a few weeks back, but no one responded. As we'd really like this feature and do not have the time to work on it ourselves, I can extend this bounty if anyone wants to work on it: http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:bounties#version_control_with_branching

Any thoughts?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
UK: +44 (0)870 787 9243