[dokuwiki] Re: Two new config options

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:59:50 +0000

Danny Trommer wrote:

Hi,

I use the config plugin a lot and highly modified it to suit my needs. The only thing I didn't do yet was showing the current settings as saved to local.php. I love the long listing and wouldn't change it for a tree listing one. So the only addition to the current config plugin would be (in my mind) showing the actual settings from local.php to let the user edit them. Currently if you open the config plugin all fields are empty even if you created local settings before with the config plugin.

Regards,
Danny Trommer

Hi Danny,

Are you suggesting grouping the local.php settings all together?

I don't understand what you mean by the "all fields are empty even if you created local settings before". The plugin "should" show the current value for every setting, including any that are in "local.php". It uses background colour coding to indicate the source of the setting

- blue, default setting from dokuwiki.php
- white, modified setting from local.php
- pink, protected setting from local.protected.php

The plugin is "efficient" about its storage. When it writes out local.php it will only write out those settings which differ from default. So if you change something to the same as the default value, that setting will no longer be saved to local.php.

Cheers,

Chris