[dokuwiki] Re: Syntax button?

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:40:30 -0500 (CDT)

----- Start Original Message -----
>Christopher Arndt schrieb:
> In my installation, I have added the following code to the end of the toolbar
> buttons (old system) in the html_edit() function in html.php [...]

Very cool!  If we check this in, it would be nice to tweak it as follows:

(1) Offset the icon from the others a bit to draw attention to it, maybe just
with some &nbsp; characters.  Otherwise it might be hard to notice among the
slew of icons.  It's a help icon, after all.

(2) I've noticed that some popup blockers refuse to run scripts that include
the string "window.open()" in them.  I get around this by instead calling
"getWinHandle().open()":

  function getWinHandle() // work around popup blockers
  {
      return window;
  }

(3) Can we make the icon look like a question mark on top of two paragraphs, so
there isn't any confusion with the unordered list icon?  I played around with
it myself but discovered that there is a color gradient from the top left of
the icon to the bottom right, and every single pixel is affected by the
gradient, not just background.  It was too hard for me to figure out how to
retain the gradient.

Thanks for the code!  It's just what I needed!

~joe