[dokuwiki] Re: Strange editing effect

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 10:41:31 +0200

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:37:27 +0100
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi,
> > Whenever I edit a page with several sections everything works fine
> > until I save the page. After that I got the message "new page, do
> > you want to create it?" but it is definitely there.

> Does this happen on editing a section or the whole page?

It happens only on section edit. Editing the whole page won't create section
links
and that worked fine so far.

> > In the browser address line a dokuwiki subsection link apears
> > (sdfsdf#section)
> > and if I change to the address line and simply press return or do a page
> > reload
> > the page apperars as expected.

> And the content you edited was saved correctly?

Yes, no problem with that.

> The page you edited existed before and you just added or changed
> content, correct?

The page existed before. I never recognised this behaviour when I created a new
page.
But that might be the case because new pages usually have only a few lines and
are
shorter than a screen page.

> > Please don't laugh or back away, but in that wiki environment we still use
> > IE6.
>
> Can you try to use another browser to see if the problem is browser
> related? Eg. use a portable version of Firefox from a USB stick.

I tested it with firefox portable and it worked fine. Looks like an IE problem,
eh?

> What Server is the wiki running on? Can you please try to find the
> exact DokuWiki version you're running and if its outdated check if the
> problem persist with a newer one?

I use dokuwiki 2009-02-14b on a Windows Server 2003 with IIS here.
I can't update to the latest dokuwiki system on the fly because it's an
productive
system (more or less, depends on the user ;-)).

Maybe you could show me where the section links are generated and I patch
my copy to remove them until our administrators decide to install a real
browser.
I wouldn't like to spent much of my time to hunt down IE problems anymore.

 Best Regards
   Matthias