[dokuwiki] Spellchecker on Windows

  • From: "Christopher Mc Carthy" <christopher.mccarthy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:36:43 +0200

Hello

I installed DokuWiki for a colleague today - Windows XP, Xampp (for
Apache and PHP), dokuwiki-2005-09-22.tgz.  Setup was no problem as you
can expect.  I then wanted to configure/extend a bit, and after changing
the title and removing ACL from the local.php, I wanted to add the
spellchecker.

As per the instructions at
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:spell_checker, I downloaded and
installed the 'No Status Quo' port of Aspell 0.60.3, added the lines to
the local.php file activating the spellchecker and defining its
location.

Only when trying to use it. I get an aspell run-time error.  This is
annoying as spellchecking works fine on my (Win2k) machine.  The only
difference is that on my machine I have installed Xampp on c: (so htdocs
is at C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs) whereas on my colleague's machine
it is installed on d: (htdocs is at d:\WIKI\xampp\htdocs).  Aspell is
located on both machines at c:\program files\aspell.  Aspell does work
on my colleague's PC (I corrected a small text file by calling aspell
from the command line).

Can anyone suggest where to troubleshoot?  Is having apache on d: the
problem?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Christopher MC CARTHY
Technical Communicator
CertEx
GL TRADE Headquarters
42 Rue Notre Dame des Victoires
F-75002 Paris
+33 1 53 40 00 00 (switchboard)
+33 1 53 40 01 16 (direct line)
www.gltrade.com

This email communication is confidential and is intended solely for whom it is
addressed. Copying, or re-using in any way by anyone else is unauthorised. Any
views or opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of GL TRADE or any of its affiliates.

If you have received this mail in error, please destroy the copy in your
possession and notify abuse@xxxxxxxxxxx