[dokuwiki] Re: Securing Downloads

  • From: Tan-Vinh Nguyen <tan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:06:16 +0100

This is not a dokuwiki issue

why u are so lazy to read the apache docs ? - rtfm !

if u are running apache2 look here

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/htaccess.html

for your understanding

in etc/apache2/sites-avaible

there should be entry for the directory

most likely there is a default file

There should be an entry like this, dude

    Alias /downloads/ "/var/www/yourwiki/data/media/wiki/here/wego/"
    <Directory "/var/www/yourwiki/data/media/wiki/here/wego/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride AuthConfig #enable htaccess file
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128 # modify this
    </Directory>

dont forget to enable the site with command

a2ensite or simply create a symlink in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled

go to the directory and create with #vi .htaccess

add these contents to the file

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Downloads"
AuthBasicProvider file
# u should know how to create a htpasswd file
# if not rtfm
AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/web.passwd
Require valid-user

these entries will allow authentification
keep in mind u have to create a user in the passwd file with the user

look at man htpasswd or apache docs

sorry for being so rude, but I get the feeling that sometimes people don't use
their brain or don't want to use it

therefore u should look at http://forum.dokuwiki.org/

cu

vinh