[dokuwiki] Re: Search not finding capital letter words

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:29:47 +0200

Hi,

Excerpts from Lindgren Daniel's message of 2011-08-25 14:26:17 +0200:
> I have found a weird problem with the search function, there's a page in
> the wiki about group policy loopback processing, on the page there are
> two sentences where the word loopback is included, both times with a
> leading capital letter, "Loopback".
>
> - If I search for "loopback" the results do not include the page.
> - If I search for "*oopback" the page will show up in the search
> results.
> - If I add "loopback" (all lower case) to the page, it will show up in
> the search results and highlight all occurences (capital or not).

This sounds like a bug in the first Rincewind release that occurs with a
certain PHP version and has been fixed in the meantime:
http://bugs.dokuwiki.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2270

The fix has been included in the 2011-05-25a hotfix release. Are you
already using that release or are you still using the "old" Rincewind
release?

Michael