[dokuwiki] Re: SQL API

  • From: Dominik Eckelmann <deckelmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:09:53 +0200

Hi Guillaume,

> 1 - Is there already a solution I'm not aware of, that would fit my needs?
i'm not sure but i think there is no such thing as a abstract database
connection provider plugin for dokuwiki.
Just a obsolete one[1].

> 2 - Otherwise, would added such an "pdo provider" to the core be a good idea?
To put pdo in the core makes no sense. It would just make the core
heavier an has no advantage compared to a plugin version.

3 - Otherwise, I'll just go ahead with my idea of helper plugin.
Yep ;-)
May the sqlite plugin[2] can give you inspiration. Especially the
mechanism to update the database tables, you can see an example of it
use in the do plugin[3] for example.

Regards,
Dominik

[1] http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:datapdo