[dokuwiki] Re: Restricting actions (was Re: view page source button)

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 14:47:42 +0200

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:45:57 +0200
Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 23 May at 15:49, Andreas Gohr wrote:
>
> > I thought about this my self recently but I'd like to go one step
> > further,  I want to be able to disable any action (eg. I want to
> > disallow viewing  recent changes)
> >
> > My suggestion:
> >
> > $conf['disableaction'] = 'source, recent'
>
>   This is smart.
>
>   $conf['disableaction'] = 'recent, index, search'
>   would be useful too when you just don't want anyone to browse all
>   available pages.
>
>   If you add this feature, then probably $conf['resendpasswd'] and
>   $conf['openregister'] should be removed as both match the resendpwd
>   and register action respectively.

I'm just implementing this and have some questions on how far this
should go. I think of it as a pretty advanced config option because you
need some knowledge of DokuWiki's internals to know which actions you
can or need to disable. So should this just make sure the actions can't
be called or should it also disable the apropriate buttons? If we want
to replace some of the existing options as suggested by Guy we would
probably need to disable the buttons but if we add this feature for
experienced users only (eg users which use DokuWiki as CMS) they could
fix their template them self then.