[dokuwiki] Re: Release plan & teams mailing list

  • From: Adrian Lang <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:53:45 +0200

Hi all,

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:40:05 +0200
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Question: how do we handle the freeze regarding new features currently
> in development (like the sitemap stuff by michitux or the discussion
> about template paths). Should we
>
> * postpone pushing new features
> * continue to push to master and use stable for the freeze (eg merge
> now and cherrypick bugfixes later)
> * use another branch for pushing new features

Dominik pointed out that using stable branch for the staging of the new
release would limit its use for people deploying stable versions using
git, i. e. stable would not always be stable. Using other branches or
forks for new features sounds reasonable. I think the community is not
big enough to do much new feature work while building a release,
anyway. Maybe we should read
http://nvie.com/posts/a-successul-git-branching-model/ as an
inspiration.

Regards,