[dokuwiki] Re2: Some Patches...

  • From: fabidev@xxxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:38:57 +0100 (CET)

> > common tools for PHP4.zip
>
> There is no real need for these.  I don't see it as a function of DW
> core to cater for programming failings in plugins.  DW clearly states
> its PHP compatibility.

hmm, i had one plugin witch not work in PHP4 (a friend report me the problem on
his PHP4 and i make this patch for him)
the functions comes from the plugin badbehaviour, this need it for example (are
included in it)

array_keycheck can be deleted, you down't lice camelcase, so i down't
investigate time to make patches you reject anyway.

> > css improvement.zip
>
> These changes are redundant, ie. the current cascade will result in
> the styles you've suggested being applied.  This change would defeat
> the purpose of having the cascade in the first place and is only
> likely to make it more difficult for template/plugin/userstyle
> modifications to override default DW styles.

i have used a background color for mous-over, this deletes the Pictures of the
media files and put the background color behind the visible pictures, this is
unwanted. The patch correct this.

> > (??) force write with fflush.zip
>
> If you aren't sure there is a problem being solved here and there
> aren't any bug reports in this area, its not really a change worth
> making ;-).
>
> I'm pretty sure a "close" beats a "flush" anyhow.

Very good, this patch is ugly and i down't like it, i thought it could be
useful anyway. If it is useless, better it is.

> > image-class for shown pictures.zip
> >

> Again this is redundant.  Using "img" or ".dokuwiki img" selectors
> does just as good a job.

similar response like "css improvement.zip"

> > linebreak.zip
>
> There has been considerable discussion about this on the list over the
> last couple of years, in particular in the last couple of weeks.
> Considered opinion is not to offer a config option.  Note, recent
> patches applied to devel version make it possible to install a
> replacement xhtml renderer which could preserve line breaks in wiki
> text through to xhtml output (without any of the clusminess of the
> current linebreak plugin).
>
> A couple of points.
> - if you are going to take the time to prepare a patch, its not very
> nice to say, "oh, but this breaks a whole host of test cases".  Part
> of making a change is to ensure it complies with existing tests or to
> modify any affected tests to comply with the modified behaviour.
> - the appearance of the prebuilt page snippets (i.e. the text at the
> top of the predefined pages,  e.g. index, recent changes, etc) is
> affected by this as they may include linebreaks.  Proposing a patch
> means taking the time to ensure (as much as possible) it works nicely
> with the rest of DW, otherwise you're only doing half a job .. and I
> doubt very much that Andi will consider applying a patch which doesn't
> play nice.

- It down't break "a whole host of test cases", only the Simpel-Test for
linebreaks. This is only interesting fore developers, not for users. And a pro
developer with knowledge in Simpel-Test fix this in 30 seconds, i think. (i am
not a pro developer)
- i remember i seen a correction for the predefined pages in the bug report, so
i thought there are already bin fixed. If you are principal interested on this
option, i will search this predefined pages in the bug report and update them
for the new developer version. (But i down't make this work if you down't
implement this option anyway. So tell me if this option has anyway no chance to
be acceded.)

This patch comes from http://wiki.splitbrain.org/ himself, and i have never
detect any problems with this patch, otherwise i try to fix it. Like i wrote,
it is one of my favorites.
Maybe i even not oversee changes in the developer version of dw, the patches
are made for the last official release. But i test them on a new version
without detecting problems.
This was the fist patch i ever made, so the longest experience with it, i never
detect any problems. if it cause problems, i have not fix it because i down't
seen it, not because of laziness. So this patch is what i am able to do, in
best intention.

If you see a better cleaner way to implement this option, i am very interested
! :-)

Jetzt komfortabel bei Arcor-Digital TV einsteigen: Mehr Happy Ends, mehr
Herzschmerz, mehr Fernsehen! Erleben Sie 50 digitale TV Programme und optional
60 Pay TV Sender, einen elektronischen Programmführer mit Movie Star
Bewertungen von TV Movie. Außerdem, aktuelle Filmhits und prickelnde Erotik in
der Arcor-Videothek. Infos unter www.arcor.de/tv