[dokuwiki] Purging the cache?

  • From: "Daniel Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:23:42 -0700

 What's the best way to do this?  I just upgraded our wiki, so to do
that I installed the new release into .../wiki1, copied the data/
directories over, tweaked a couple of things, and then renamed .../wiki1
to .../wiki so it went live.

 The problem was that somewhere along the lines, the cache wound up
containing a pointer to .../wiki1 as the directory for the icons for
the editing toolbar, and the only way I could get rid of that incorrect
cached stuff was to remove the entire cache directory. (except for the
search index files; I did that once by accident, and two hours later
after I'd reindexed all the pages, I decided it was a bad idea).

I've tried ...?purge=true, and that doesn't seem to do it; I tried
creating a new page, which
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:caching?s=cache claims should force the
cache to be purged, and that didn't do it either. There's a bunch of
things in the cache that aren't just xhtml/.i files, though, there's
various .css and at least one .js file; is there any way to get all
those updated as well?

 Thanks,

 -- dan