[dokuwiki] Re: Plugin system update notice

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:42:44 +0100

On 13 Aug 2008, at 15:25, Myron Turner wrote:

Just to get this straight:  these changes have no effect unless we are
  (1) checking for a false return value from handle()
Or

The latter might affect the plugin tool of DokuWikiFCK. I'd have to check.

Myron

(1) Yes. If a false value in the plugin instruction data is meaningful for the render() method or something else done by your code you will no longer receive that value.

(2) Still no affect, but you can now update your own code to use plugin_load() to obtain that new instance, which might make things simpler and less susceptible to disruption if plugin locations were to change.

- Chris