[dokuwiki] Re: Parameters in links revisited

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 05:59:48 -0600

On 12/16/2010 5:11 AM, Chris G wrote:
Just in case this was missed because I appended it to a very old thread:-

Is it documented/explained anywhere yet?

No I don't think so. But there's not much to explain. Just put your
parameters in your link: [[some:page?foo=bar&baz=1|Title goes here]]

I'm just trying to use this and have a rather basic question.

Having added a link like [[testpage?foo=astring&bar=12345|Test Page Name]]
how do I use those variables I have set?

I.e. how do I get to use foo and bar in testpage?  What I specifically
want to do is to set a value in a template.  For example I am using the
sql plugin and want to select data based on a supplied value so I have a
line as follows:-

     <sql db="sqlite:////var/www/boat/data/meta/boat.db" wikitext="enable"
special="plain" ..>
     SELECT Description from bePlaces where Name like "%@location@%"</sql>

I want to be able to have a link pointing to the page with the above in
it which specifies the contents of that "%@location@%".

I realise the syntax to use the link parameters will be different, the
above is the syntax when using the template plugin.

While I've looked at it, I haven't worked with the sqlite plugin, nor as yet with the new query string facility, but my guess would be this. You need a plugin which reads your name/value pairs from the $_REQUEST (or $_GET) object and replaces the sqlite place holders with the values. Since the sqlite plugin is a helper plugin, you must be using another plugin that is working with the sqlite plugin. It would be a good idea to create a hook into your wiki page from that plugin which makes the replacements before sqlite is called.

--
Myron Turner
http://mturner.org/