[dokuwiki] Re: Packaging Angua for Debian

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:58:30 -0600

I've been looking at the Debian and Ubuntu packages with the aim of updating some of the documentation on dokuwiki.org. I realize that you are in the midst of a package upgrade for Debian, but it should be mentioned that that current packages on both Debian and Ubuntu are Lemming.

I thought you might want some input on a number of issues that came up when installing from the package manager.

1. The package manager asks for an admin password but does not say what the admin's userid is.
2. The apache config for Dokuwiki is set up for localhost use only.
3. As admin, I wasn't able to make any configuration changes because the permissions were not set for www-data on the config files. 4. When doing a complete uninstall, the synaptic package manager doesn't uninstall /var/lib/dokuwiki.

Because I was a first-time user of the Debian package, which has a complex symlink structure, I had to do a lot of searching around and looking things up before I could log on as admin, make config changes, and access the wiki from outside of the localhost.

In Ubuntu, the package manager doesn't ask for an admin password; setting up the login files took some tinkering that would be outside the scope of people not familiar with Dokuwiki.

--
Myron Turner
http://mturner.org/