[dokuwiki] Re: New Pagemove Plugin (Brainstorming)

  • From: Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:16:04 +0100

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 01:06:43PM +0000, Chris G wrote:
> I'm not sure I'd want 'create a redirect' to default to yes.

Hmmm, I thought most people would like to have a redirect per default. But
that's of course debatable

> > To this point this is all very straight forward. Problems arise when one
> > wants
> > to move a whole namespace because processing time adds up quickly.
> >
> From where I am that's not an issue, it depends hugely on what the
> Wiki is being used for, if (as in my case) it's a personal data store
> then speed doesn't really matter and it's running on a very lightly
> loaded machine anyway whose speed won't be noticed by anyone else.

What I meant is when you fix 100 pages in one go chances that you hit a php
timeout or a memory limit are quite high.

> > Adrian Lang mentioned it could be a good idea to use a page move queue and
> > do
> > the clean up later. This would slightly change the above model:

[...]

> > I think queue is good idea. However, in this case I think we would need an
> > additional admin component to inspect/manage the pagemove queue.

> Good idea for a big/busy installation but more of a nuisance for me,
> so can we turn it on and off please.

Why is it nuisance, can you elaborate on this?

Thanks,
        Michael

--
Michael Klier