[dokuwiki] "Multi-site" installation and login problems

  • From: Hugo Mills <hugo-dw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:53:29 +0000

   I'm trying to set up DokuWiki for a "multi-site" deployment.  This
is on a single server with multiple virtual hosts under Apache 2.2.
Each VH uses the same base install of DokuWiki, but has a separate
data/ directory.

   I believe I have this set up and configured to my satisfaction,
barring one thing: I can't log in on my test site. If I try to log in,
I am returned to the page I was on originally, but without actually
being logged in. I get no errors in the Apache logs. I have a single
cookie from the site, which is of session scope, and is created when I
load a page. No other cookie seems to be set when I attempt to log in.

   This looks precisely like the problem at [1] -- which had no
resolution. However, I'm somewhat at a loss as to how to debug this
further. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a setting I've missed,
or a path or file that should be writable?

   Hugo.

[1] http://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/1619

      --- If it's December 1941 in Casablanca,  what time is it ---
                              in New York?