[dokuwiki] Re: Mixed / chained authentication (LDAP + plain)

  • From: DennisV <dennisv.ut@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:48:41 +0100

Hi. This intrigued me so I wrote something really simple -
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tips:chainedauth

Thanks a lot!

I tried it and it seems to work with ldap:plain as well. One small
problem I found that it gives an error when you try to log on using a
non-existing user. I solved it by replacing:

 function checkPass($user,$pass) {
   return $this->getAuthFromUser($user)->checkPass($user,$pass);
 }

with

 function checkPass($user,$pass) {
   $result = false;
   $auth = $this->getAuthFromUser($user);
   if($auth != null) {
     $result = $auth->checkPass($user,$pass);
   }
   return $result;
 }

I did notice something else however. If I turn LDAP debug on:
$conf['auth']['ldap']['debug']         = true;
I notice a lot of calls to the LDAP after logging on. 3 in the page
header and 1 where the admin button is located. Consequent page clicks
have an LDAP call on each page near the admin button. This doesn't
happen when using pure LDAP authentication. Is there any way to
optimize this?

Regards,
Dennis