[dokuwiki] Re: Is there any 'recommended' formatting/layout/syntax for plugins?

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 18:25:19 +0000
On 6 Feb 2012, at 17:46, Dennis Plöger wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> [[.  What I'm suggesting/asking is that these conventions used for
>> consistency as you say should be stated somewhere in the documentation.
>
> I'm completely getting you there! I was in the same position and didn't find
> anything, too.
>
> I guess, one of our dear Docu-Team guys should check this out.

You two guys seem motivated for this at the moment, and of course Dokuwiki.org
is public editable :-) … how about you guys start the ball (page) rolling!

> To be clear: We should never restrict plugin authors to a certain
> methodology, but we should RECOMMEND a certain environment, we should build
> our own recommendation (and I like Chris' Mail here) and simply put it in the
> dev articles.

As I guess you realise, there is nothing in the code that enforces any
particular characters for any particular purpose.  These are all equally valid

~~token:string~~
<token:string>
<token>string</token>
ptoken string qtoken