[dokuwiki] Indexer questions

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:39:00 -0500 (CDT)

Hi again,

I'm curious, why does the indexer do its job via a gif retrieval?  Why isn't it
just a method that outputs nothing?  I'm sure there's a good reason, I just
don't know it.  (I will admit that I'm not too fond of extra round-trips to the
server.  DokuWiki is already too slow for access via my Treo.)

Also, it would be nice if I could index the contents of image detail pages.
How tied is the indexing functionality to the data source?  Maybe we need a
function that associates a page URL with text-to-be-indexed, so that we can
achieve indexing for any page.

~joe