[dokuwiki] Re: Improve the repository plugin

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:37:03 +0100

Andreas Gohr wrote:
I agree with everything you guys said ;-) Feel free to reorganize the tags.

As many of you have probably noticed, "laynee" went ahead and single-handedly re-organised all the tags within 3 days.
Great job! Many thanks for that! :)

As you can see, the tag cloud on http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugins looks much more like a proper tag cloud now.

Now that the first round of re-organisation is finished, every plugin author should go and visit his/her plugin pages to check if anything has been forgotten or misunderstood (inevitable with this massive amount of *553* plugins). Please don't just revert to the old state! ;-) Although, there will be a few exceptions where a not-yet-existing tag makes sense, the majority of plugins should only use tags that are already in the tag cloud.

There are a few tags which doesn't describe the plugin itself, but more the state of it. Should we change them to be similar to "!bundled" (with an exclamation mark at the front), e.g. "!discontinued", "!experimental" and "!maybe.broken"? What do you think?

Andi, do you have any stats regarding the amount of unique tags at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week? :)

Anika