[dokuwiki] Importing Text Files Into a Blog

  • From: Ian Barton <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 07:55:34 +0100

Having tried out the excellent blog plugin, I want to import a Wordpress blog (my personal journal) into Dokuwiki. I can export stuff from Wordpress into .txt files and handle the conversion of Textile syntax to Dokuwiki markup.

However, I have a couple of questions about how I can actually get the data into Dokuwiki in the correct format. Since it's a journal the actual date the original post was created is important. I need to be able to import the post into Dokuwiki with the same date created as the original.

I am aware of the dwpage script, but I don't think that does what I want. It would appear that I need to create a file similar to changes.log and then append this to my Dokuwiki changes.log.

I have searched the wiki, but can't find where the format of changes.log is documented (I'm probably entering the wrong search terms). Can anyone point me in the right direction, or suggest a better way of importing entries and being able to set their date created.

Ian.