[dokuwiki] Re: Hi Mark - regarding Dokuwiki

  • From: Mark Prins <mc.prins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:28:12 +0200

On 22-04-16 20:56, Manuel Hörth wrote:

Hi Mark,
I saw your Dokuwiki plugin and it seems to be the only plugin that
allows for Facebook open graph tags, which I am desperately trying to
get to work on my wiki. However, I couldn't really get your plugin to
work. In particular I don't get in what file exactly I have to enter the
XML syntax stuff, nor do I get where I finally enter the individual open
graph tags for the individual pages.

You would really help me out if you could explain this more clearly for
a dummy like me ;-)

Manuel,
Please use the mailinglist[1] for questions so that the community may benefit of any answers.

The socialcards uses the infomation that is stored in the metadata [2] of the wiki page, if you want to add extra metadata you will want to use one or more of the following plugins:

- tag
- geotag
- description
- meta
- ..

You do not enter any xml on the pages; however you may want to update your template to add the OpenGraph namespaces (main.php, mediamanager.php and detail.php pages of your template - i've updated the wiki page to be a bit more clear on this)

[2] https://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:metadata