[dokuwiki] Hackfest 2013 Details

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 12:27:45 +0100

Hi everyone,

time to get serious about our next hackfest. After some discussion
within official hackfest planning commitee[1] we decided to do our
hackfest at the Linux Hotel [2] (Essen, Germany).

The Linux Hotel is a conference hotel specialized in all kinds of
training courses around Open Source software. Their rooms usually
aren't very cheap, however they offer a very steep discount to Open
Source projects [3]. However this offer is usually restricted to
weekends when no courses are planned and as discussed on our last
Hackfest in London, we'd like to have a few days more this year.

But I contacted the owner and it turns out he's a big DokuWiki fan and
would be thrilled to have us. Of course he still has to earn his
money, but he named one week (July 29th to August 4th) where he has no
courses scheduled and could accommodate us at the usual community
rates.

So in IRC we talked about staying 5 or 6 nights. Which would probably
mean arriving on Monday or Tuesday and leaving on Sunday. At the
community rates this would be 90 EUR per Person for 6 night (shared
double rooms) which is ridiculously low.

We might decide to take up their offers for breakfast, lunch and
dinner but we could also do self-catering - but all this can decided
later.

What we need now is a authorative list of attendees. Please add
yourself to http://doodle.com/ycvqw42qp3ck4qap to join our Hackfest.

Hope to see you all,
Andi

PS: even though accommodation is dirt cheap this time, I know that
travel costs can be a major pain in the budget. if you'd like to come
but have trouble financing, please contact me by private mail and we
might be able to work something out. please don't be shy about this.

[1] http://irc.dokuwiki.org/index.php?d=2013-03-03#msg444392
[2] http://www.linuxhotel.de
[3] http://www.linuxhotel.de/community.html

--