[dokuwiki] HTML header, generator and keywords

  • From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 10:31:44 +0200

Two little things I like to request changes for,
both related to the HTML header created by DokuWiki:

== Generator ==
DukuWiki adds a generator line to the HTML header
that reveals the version of DokuWiki used.
The problem I see here is that an attacker could
use this information to break into the site using
a technique only working for this version.
WordPress blogs do afaik not show any version
numbers publically, probably for this very reason.
Please consider stripping the version info.
(inc/template.php, line ~225)

== Keywords ==
The only keyword DokuWiki adds to the HTML header
is the name of the wiki page. It would be great to
have an option with a string append to that.
(inc/template.php, line ~181)

Would be great to see these changes in future
DokuWiki releases. Keep up the good work!

Sebastian