[dokuwiki] Gallery plugin and/or JpegMeta.php

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 12:42:03 +0100

I'm using the Gallery plugin to display pictures selected from my main
picture storage area.  I'm thinking I may extend/change the Gallery
plugin to allow me to select pictures by looking at their captions,
tags or ratings.

I'm having trouble working out how JpegMeta.php actually refers to
IPTC and Exif data, there doesn't seem to be a direct way to read, for
example, the Iptc.Application2.Keywords field or the Exif.Image.Rating
field.  It seems that JpegMeta.php somehow maps "Iptc.Keywords" to
"Iptc.Application2.Keywords" as I can read the IPTC keywords with
getField("Iptc.Keywords").

However I have one particular problem, I can get the Camera make (for
example) with getField('Exif.Make') but I can't get the image rating
with getField('Exif.Rating') - what's the difference and why doesn't
it refer to Exif.Image.Make (or whatever)?

Can anyone help me out?

--
Chris Green