[dokuwiki] Re: Forgotten password

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 02:20:24 +0000

Arne Pelka wrote:

Bob McConnell schrieb:
Email notification does not work. Our company's Exchange server won't
accept mail from any client other than Lookout.

I can't find that function in the user admin plug-in. Was it added after
the 2006-03-09 release?

In this case Reinholds hint should help anyway
How about the user admin page? You as admin can set a new password for any user.

I think the resend password function is not part of the admin page but you can edit conf/local.php as described on http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:config

Best Regards
Arne
In 2006-03-xx you can set a users password in the Admin / User manager section. Edit the particular user, all their details are shown for you to edit. Type in the new password and save. A notification email can't be sent, that feature was added later (its in the current RC).

resend password is part of 2006-03-xx, the function needs to be enabled in Admin / configuration settings, look for "Allow resend password", around about the middle of the settings. Thankfully, in the RC, settings are now organised into sections making things like that much easier to find !

(I seem to remember a bug may have been discovered in resend password after 2006-03-xx so it may not work quite right. The bug has been fixed in RC)