[dokuwiki] Re: Force a comment

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:25:54 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Mattias,

> is it possible to force a comment when someone edits a doku wiki page.
> Someone shouldnt be able to simply let the field empty.

The answer is yes, soon, but not right now.  See the "Requiring summaries"
thread.

We're currently (eagerly!) waiting for Andi to check in his revised edit page.
Once he does that I plan to model his new Javascript to require summaries.

We've also been talking about a new 'requiresums' configuration variable, but
if the Javascript approach doesn't require mucking with DokuWiki source, the
variable probably won't happen.

~joe