[dokuwiki] Re: Footnote Popups

  • From: "Chris Smith" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:40:12 +0100

On Behalf Of Andreas Gohr
> Sent: 07 September 2005 19:43
>
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:55:51 +0100
> "Chris Smith" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Anything better would require reworking DomTT to work its close from
> > onmousemove events matched with recognition of the regions under the
> > activating link, the popup and the space betweeen them.
>
> Sounds hard. One solution would be to make sure the popup always opens
> directly above the footnote link, so the mouse is automatically inside
> the popup because it opens directly below the pointer - we then could
> use greasy. But I don't know how hard this exact placement would be to
> implement.

I think if you move it closer you will end up with the popup occluding the
current text, especially if the footnote link is near one or other edge of
the browser window.  I reckon that could be annoying too.

Anyhow, changing the offset of the popup from the pointer is easy.  There
are two paramters to do that.  The current setting is the default.

Check out, lib/scripts/script.js; second last line.

the parameters go in pairs after the first two, name then value.  You would
need to add
'offsetX', <val>   and/or   'offsetY', <val>
into the parameter list.  Where <val> is a +ve or -ve integer and represents
the pixel offset.  I guess you would need at least -10 in y direction to get
the popup appearing where the pointer is.

Cheers,

Chris