[dokuwiki] Feature Freeze pre-announcement

  • From: Adrian Lang <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 11:27:19 +0200

Dear DokuWiki users and developers,

it’s that time of the year where I make big announcements. Somewhere in
October, we want to release a new version of DokuWiki. To make that
happen, we’ll freeze the master branch and only allow commits which fix
bugs.

I’d like to freeze **this Saturday**. That means: If you have any big
commits, features or enhancements stirring around and you want to see
those in the next release, **raise your voice exactly now**. As of today
I’m aware of two features which are not yet commited but should come
this week: The new plugin controller and the new media manager
supporting media revisions. Anything missing? Let me know what and when
we can expect.

Regards,
Adrian