[dokuwiki] Re: Fatal error:mkdir(data/locks/folder) function.mkdir: File exists in dokuwiki/inc/io.php on line 180

  • From: roudoud0u@xxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 23:35:21 +0200

Le mercredi 2 août 2006 20:59, Andreas Gohr a écrit :
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 20:37:48 +0200
>
> roudoud0u@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > hi,
> > i've tried to install the latest stable release of dokuwiki onto the
> > webhosting solution of my ISP but since a recent migration of their
> > servers,  i keep getting one of these error message:
> >
> > Fatal error:
> > mkdir(/mnt/105/free.fr/e/b/roudoud0u/dokuwiki/data/locks/c9edb66bb670
> > a707453fc7227076a2ce)  [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]:
> > File exists  in /mnt/105/free.fr/e/b/roudoud0u/dokuwiki/inc/io.php on
> > line 180
>
> Hmm try to clean the lock directory, but I guess it won't help. mkdir
> shouldn't throw a fatal error on an already existing directory, that's
> the idea of using directories as a way of creating lock files.

you're right, cleaning the lock dir doesn't help more.

> We had several really strange bug reports from people using free.fr -
> those guys seem to cripple their PHP installs in the weirdest ways. I
> don't know if there is anyone successfully running DokuWiki on free.fr.
> I really recommend to switch to a different provider.

in fact a quick search on google shows that many other site deals with the
same issue. Anyway the Free IT crowd are easily reachable on newsgroup: i'll
try to ask there if i missed some workaround to get dokuwiki works again
(actually it  used to works fine until the recent software upgrade of those
servers)
> Sorry for the bad news...
>
> Andi
I'll  post here any feedback i get from them on this.

Thanks a lot. :-)