[dokuwiki] Re: FAQ for Plugin developers regarding the move to jQuery

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 02:09:19 +0200

> I just posted a small compatibility script, which makes it possible to write
> ajax function calls in JQuery format; it comes into play if JQuery is not
> present and converts the calls to the older library.

This is exactly what I asked you *not* to do:
http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:jqueryfaq#should_i_maintain_two_versions_of_my_plugin

DokuWiki will contain backwards compatibility for old plugins for two
releases. Please do *not* bloat your plugins with unnecessary
compatibility crap. Just upgrade to jQuery and provide an old version
for people who don't want to upgrade their wiki.

splitbrain.org