[dokuwiki] Re: Dev version without Darcs

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 02:19:19 +0100

Tankko wrote:
Hate to ask a n00b questions, but what is the best way to get the
latest dev updates if I can't run darcs (long story involving not
being able to install haskell under FreeBSD 5.3).

I am not developing dokuwiki code, so I don't need to merge the
changes.  Is there some semi-automated way I can just overwrite the
old files with all the new files?

Tankko

You could make your own semi-automated way. Have a schedule job download the daily snapshot and expand it. If your wiki is setup correctly, only release files will be replaced, no local files e.g. config, plugins, templates, will be affected. This does mean that if you add mime types, abbreviations and the like you must use the *.local.php file to hold your local changes (and that you can't remove any of the standard DW mime types, abbreviations, etc).