[dokuwiki] Re: Deleting pages doesn't delete permissions

  • From: "Gabriel Birke" <gabriel.birke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:47:27 +0200

Andreas Gohr wrote:
> > When a page is deleted, any special ACL permissions for that page
> > persist. This is a problem I would like to solve
>
> I wouldn't call this a problem - what you suggest is a
> security risk. A user who has write permissions for a page
> but is not the super user would be able to change the
> permissions for a page - something only the superuser should
> be able to do.

I don't think I understand your answer, sorry :(

The thing I described (ACL permissions remaining in the ACL file even
when a page is deleted) is NOT the result I want to achieve but **the
current behavior of DokuWiki**! I fail to see why cleaning up the ACL
file poses a security risk, I think the opposite would be true.